October 2017 – attendees: 12
Readings and introductions.
The 5th anthology is currently planned to be released around May 2018. Submissions will be open until the January 5, 2018; those who have already submitted something they’re happy with can keep their piece under consideration, and these pieces will be read and evaluated first. We discussed the idea of running a critique workshop for those who might need some help polishing something up for submission – check the Facebook group for updates on this.
Practical ways to get (and stay) motivated during Norway’s darkest month
Many people are affected by SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) in November. We discussed what this can do to our writing, motivation and inspiration. Some antidotes discussed were:
- NaNoWriMo – there’s still time to sign up!
- One writing sprint a day – find 40 minutes a day to write or revise.
- Stay accountable. Post word count goals in a group (like Jarrod’s mini-hoot chat).
- Compete! We discussed the idea of having an online place to post daily/weekly wordcount goals.
Prompts to choose from:
- Make me scared of the Easter Bunny
- Write in a curmudgeonly style about what is wrong with kids these days
- Happiness looks like . . .